Thursday, October 2, 2008

SO Stink'n proud

As most parents do I often wonder if I am doing a good job as a parent. This week has proven that I must be doing something right at some point anyway. Beans stutters a little and we had her speech tested. The speech therapist tested her for about an hour and scored her and came in to tell me that she would see her back in 6 months for another evaluation but that she feels that Jillian is stuttering just to gather her thoughts because she has never tested a 3 yr old that scored as high as Jillian did in the language area of the test!

Alexis brings home a folder once per week with her grade average for me to sign along with all of tests. Since the first week of school she has brought home not only ALL A's but they are all 100 A's! AND today she came home with her little goodies and certificate because she was named student of the month!

It is totally wonderful to know that I have a positive impact on their early learning anyway. I guess when I told them the sky is blue, the grass is green and the definition of annoyed LOL they listened to me.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Their Nanaw is stinking proud too!

Sybil said...

I don't have your phone number but I need it. I tried emailing you as well. Taking the totes to my mom's is fine. WE are going to have Ryder's birthday party on the 18th and go to the zoo on the 25th. You and the girls are invited to the party if you'd like to come. Thanks for the nice comments about Ryder. I can't believe he is almost 3!

Sally said...

You have many reasons to be stinkin' proud. P.S. Jerri I've lost your email and wondering if you've gotten the raggedy ann can finished yet, and the clothes I ordered. Please just let me know.
Sally318@gmail.com

Donna said...

Congratulations!!! Well Done!!hughugs

Sally said...

Miss you, Jerri and your cute stories about the girls.