Friday, September 5, 2008

I am laboring AGAIN today

This is Ned Thomas....he is such a rotten boy!
And Moma Kitty the ol bitty LOL

LOL okay so not really me but my 9 yr old Moma Kitty is having babies this morning! She has kept me up all night. She prefers to have kittens on my lap but she is in her box and meowing for me right now. She has had one beautiful orange tabby boy.

James and I got Moma Kitty when she was a couple of months old in October 1999 when we were moving into our first home together. She is a great little gray tabby. But man for lack of better words she is such a whore. I have made attempt after attempt to have her spayed and by the time her appt. rolls around the girl is pregnant again! I could abort the babies and her spayed anyway but my heart just can't take that! We have always managed to find the kittens good homes and if by some chance we are unable to find a "home" for them there are 3 barns at the prison where James works and the inmates love the company! James took one from the last litter to live with him but Rambo was a wild fella and kept him up all the time so he lives there at the horse barn now LOL We go check on him when we go up. He is well loved by the inmates. He roams the grounds during the day and at night he goes in when the barn is locked up and snuggles up with the horses.

I let the girls keep Ned Thomas, a kitten from Moma's last litter and he is ROTTEN I tell ya! He is meowing at the door now but I don't want him to disturb her so he is outside. I will post pics of the babies when she is done.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Hope that momma kitty and the babies do just fine!

Sybil said...

Wow, that is quite a few kittens! I have delivered only one litter and I was pregnant myself when I helped do it! Hope she has an easy time of it!

Brenda said...

Oh yes, I agree, that Momma kitty is quite the slut of the neighborhood, but at least she doesn't choose redneck suitors. :-)

Sally said...

Wow - yeah, I'd say that moma gets around. hahaha