Friday, July 25, 2008

The great wall of china redneck style



I was visiting my Aunt Peggy today and I thought I would share with you her Great Wall of China redneck style. We laughed when she first started but it is really cute and several of the cups actually became homes to little birds over the summer which made it more fun to sit and look at. I had to show it in 2 pics and it still is not all of it, her flowers were blocking some of it.

Lots of the fence has pieces that she has named like she has a coffee cup that is broken in half so it is "half a cup" LOL my fave is the bull in the china "closet" ....can you find it?

5 comments:

Sybil said...

What a great wall. What a creative Aunt to think to use that fence that way. It reminds me of all the extra "things" my mom has around her yard. She has stones, rocks, things that sparkle, all around her trees, in her rose "garden" and she is always on the lookout for more things to decorate her yard.

Brenda said...

Aunt Peggy has such a wonderful imagination, and the heart of a true artist!

Sally said...

Toooo funny - how precious to have an aunt that is so original. I had one a long time ago, and miss her very much!!

Shelley said...

ha, I love it.

The Keel Gang said...

Hi! I am Sybil's friend, Maria. I just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed peeking in on your blog. I love the photos - especially these. It's so eclectic! I just love it!