Monday, July 7, 2008

Wild Weekend

Many of you will visit me from my MIL's blog What's Up Down South http://whatsupdownsouth.blogspot.com/
so I will not repeat the Hilarious stories of dead frogs in the fridge or the upside down fireworks however there is never a dull moment around these parts so I am sure I can think of something to type here. We spent Friday listening to Alexis and Beans singing their version of the great Elvis classic Ain't Noffin but a Ham Dog LOL which is beautiful by the way and we ate some fine vittles prepared by Nanaw and PopPop. Then we loaded up the kiddos to watch the explosive fireworks show at my moms firework stand a few miles up the road. Saturday was spent with me preparing the vittles for the Fifth of July celebration (yeah this is a new holiday in the South LOL) We watched the kids play and sat around being lazy until a storm rolled in just long enough to make us scatter. The men folk loaded up to drive down the road but a tree had fallen and they got back just as the storm ended and had the nerve to ask "why didn't you get the coolers" oh hell I don't know maybe because I was running chairs to the shed so you wouldn't get your ass wet when you plopped back down! This came after James asked me "why are you in the house" my reply "well I asked the dishes to wash themselves and the leftovers to get in the fridge but they just wouldn't do it"! Hope you all had a happy Fourth and a happy Fifth too like we did!


2 comments:

Brenda said...

It was a really fun weekend!

Donna said...

Oooh! I love those fireworks pictures!! Lovely Babies!!hughugs