Thursday, July 24, 2008

This~n~That Thursday

The following story actually happened the other day but it just crossed my mind again. We were visiting my MIL and my SIL was leaving and said "Jillian Bye" to which lil Beans replied "chicawowow" guess I don't need to let her watch Alvin and the Chipmunks anymore LOL

Today while at my MIL's Alexis, Abby and Beans were outside playing and Alexis came in sweating and saying "Beans threw baby aerial (the doll) in the Cedar tree and it was a long mission to get her outta there" so the girls ask to take a bath and they do. When they get out Nanaw says "good thing they took a bath because PopPop sprayed that tree yesterday with Karate" (a chemical)..I suppose it really didn't dawn on Alexis what she said until on the way home Alexis says "momma Nanaw said that PopPop sprayed Karate on that tree but I only know Tae Kwando"

I had to take Jillian to the doc today, she has been real croupy, snotty and we suspect she got a taste of pinkeye...yep pretty much right big bucks were paid to confirm that she is indeed snotty and croupy LOL ANYWHO Alexis just loves her doc to pieces and refuses to even see anyone else other than Dr. Gill Pillow or the nurse practitioner Jill. Alexis took her doll that had to visit Dr. mom because she was attacked by a dog and her arm was chewed off. She wanted to make sure that the cast was sufficient! Alexis put the doll on the exam table and proceeded to hide behind the table, Beans hid under the chair. When Dr. Pillow came in he started checking the doll out, just played right along which is exactly the reason we love him so. Beans quickly popped up and started pointing and saying "der's my dister". Before we left Alexis had to sing the planet song for him. The child has been performing for him since she was old enough to jabber. Most kids hate going to the doctor but Alexis often asks just to go see him for the heck of it.

Abby is spending the weekend with us so I better go check on them before they are all swinging from the ceiling fan or something.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Child, you are a glutton for punishment, you haven't had more than a few days without an extra child, have you?

moma grits said...

no nanaw but I do remind myself of what mom always says "ejoy them because one day they will not want to hang out with you" and that does help me keep my sanity sometimes! LOL

Sally said...

Aw, Jerri, it's so great that you are journalling these sweet things that your little cuties are saying and doing! Someday they will be so happy to have these special memento's!!

And, I must say, through Ms. Brenda I've come to love em to pieces!!!!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Donna said...

What a precious story!! Especially Dr Pillow!! He's the type of Dr I wish they All would be like!! Happy weekend sweetie!hughugs

Sybil said...

That is an adorable story. Kids say some of the cutiest things, but in her defense, I have no idea what karate for a tree is for either?? What a wonderful doctor too!