Thursday, July 17, 2008

Practicing Photography







My mom is "sitting" with an elderly lady who lives with her daughter in a beautiful old home in Helena. Ms. Sandra is out of town but left word that I can take photos of the girls in and around her home. I have visited there many times and found that the best light (or lack there of) was late in the evenings. The only thing about that is the girls are getting cranky around that time of day. I did manage to get some pics that I really like but I plan to go back again and try earlier in the day. I like the photos to look natural even if they are posed LOL and I love shots of Alexis and Jillian just doing their own thing and being unaware of the camera. There was just too much going on for that yesterday. Mom was sitting on the porch reading but then my Niece Dallas and her boyfriend Patrick made it into town so the girls were excited. Alexis kept "creating her own poses" which is great, Jillibeans just wanted the stink'n dress off and Meri Kate (my niece) kept walking in front of the camera because she wanted in every shot.

I might actually get a break this weekend..Yes being in the scorching heat with a 5 year old all day is a break! I have a ball tourney in Pinebluff. Dallas is going to keep Jillian, Alexis insists on going with me everywhere I go and I am taking Meri Kate home. The girls are pretty mad at me but they will get over it. Alexis has had Abby or Meri Kate here for the literally the past 2 months EVERYDAY/NIGHT they don't understand that means extra laundry, extra food, extra costs when we go places and extra headache because there are extra fights and whining. I just don't have the patience to get a sitter for one of mine just to take an extra one with me nor do I have the extra money. I told Alexis to not even look at the concession stand because I will have a cooler in the track with lunch and drinks. I have told Alexis until she spends some time away from me and spreads her wings a little then no more company! I will not make her spend the night anywhere because I can remember not wanting to spend the night other places but geeze go somewhere for the day and get outta my face LOL

3 comments:

Sybil said...

Wow, what beautiful daughters you have. So gorgous! Mom is still in Helena, but my dad travels for his work so she often goes off to visit him! I'll add you to my friends list and check in on you blog from time to time. Be sure to check in on mine as well!

Donna said...

Beautiful Sweeties! And you take Wonderful pictures!! Have a Wonderful day!!hughugs

Brenda said...

Change of plans! Nanaw gets both girls (yes, Alexis decided, all on her own, to stay with me when she found out there was no shade at the ball park. I think Abby is staying too so we'll have 3 little girls, and Zach tomorrow night.

We have plans to go to a birthday party on Saturday.