Friday, July 11, 2008

Photo Challenge:Patriotism

This is my first time joining in for the photo challenge, this round was hosted by Karen.
The theme is Patriotism:what my country means to me. My country means the obvious to me freedom, Liberty and all the usual stuff but there are more things that come to mind as well.Seeing the excitement in my children's eyes when the fireworks explode with beautiful colors and sparkles.


Knowing that my husband loves us fully and provides for us daily and still has time to give us loves at the end of the day.

Knowing that I can give my children the sweet taste of childhood to enjoy on a hot summer day.
Just knowing that I live in a country where (for the most part) my children can grow happy and healthy with lives full of love!

12 comments:

kimberly said...

what wonderful photos....they certainly speak for themselves....and loved your sentiments also!!! so great....love all the pictures...but something about that daddy/daughter photo and the watermelon.....amazing!
wonderful job!
kimberly

Brenda said...

Wonderful work and beautiful words Jerri (and I'm not just saying that cause you're my favorite daughter-in-law either!)

Donna said...

I LOVE how you manipulated the photos!!! Wonderful subjects as Well!lolol...WELL Done sweetie!!hughugs

Joni said...

oh, I love your photos! the words really captured the essence of "patriotism" on a personal level...I like that...I think the father/daughter pic is my favorite, but they are ALL wonderful!

Sally said...

Oh my, you captured the challenge fully in words and pictures! I'm so glad you've joined, and what a great job you did!!

Have a happy day!

Donna said...

To all that you said - AMEN!!!!!! The cutie with the watermelon has the best expression, hahaha! Great job on your first challenge participation!

Jeanne said...

Love your take on the challenge and beautiful pictures.

Sharon said...

What great photos. You must have had such fun playing with those photos. Though the watermelon shot is my favourites :-)

Sharon

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Love your pictures. That 3rd one had me cracking up. lol Nothin' says 4th of July quite like bathing suits, fireworks and watermelon, though. :)

Kari

Karen M said...

Great job on the photos! The thought behind your pictures was beautifully expressed. Thanks for joining in the fun!

Tabitha said...

I just love your photos ~ they are great!! This is my first time joining in the challenge too!!
Am looking forward to the next one.
love and hugs Tabitha XXX

Unknown said...

Loved all of your photos. I love how you did the black and white and left color. How did you do that? It's wonderful, especially the watermelon shot.