Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Doggies are a Girls best friend


Frankie and Alexis...I am sure he will bring us as much joy as Bugs. He loves us and we love him as well. Alexis was rolling in the floor like bored kids do and Frankie joined her.

My sweet angel BUGS just a few months before she passed away. I miss her so much. She was my baby, my best friend and a great companion!


My terrier Bugs passed away a few months ago from cancer. She was my first born, I had her for nearly 15 years and got her when she was only 6 weeks old. I miss her everyday. James' wanted us to have a dog here with us and the girls wanted one as well so I had to push my heartache aside and give in. I am partial to Labs but that just was not possible since we travel to James' house several times per week so I started searching shelters etc. I decided that even one that was not a purebred could still be a great companion and pet and certainly needed a home more than one that had papers that would almost certainly be able to get a home. About 2 months ago we were on our way to the ballpark and as we passed walmart there were 3 teens standing under a shade tree at walmart, each had a pup under their arm and poster reading "free puppies". I told the girls we could stop and look but if they seemed to be favoring on the side of a large breed we couldn't get one. Of course we fell in love instantly! One of the girls was the assistant in Alexis' dance class. She proceeded to tell me that someone dropped a box off in their driveway and when they looked these 3 pups were in it and they took them in nurtured them and even took them to the vet for their first shots & worming. I thought well now that is a deal. At the shelter the adoption fees are $100 + so I can get a pup with shots and all already for free and give him a home. The girls all pointed to Frankie at the same time. I was partial to one of his brothers but this was for them so we took Frankie.

It took a mere 3 days for him to warm up to us and realize that we loved him dearly. He takes every step I take literally so he is more of my dog than the girls LOL Alexis was mad about it at first but she said "you need your heart full from Bugs don'tcha moma" ahhh such a wise child she is. Frankie is very protective of us. He even bit James' one morning. I layed in the girls bed with them and fell asleep and James come in to tell me bye before work and it was dark...Frankie ate him for breakfast! If we go through a drive-thru I have to put my arm up because he doesn't like the window worker sticking their hand near me LOL I am so glad that we made the decision to get a "mutt" as James' refers to him. He is the best Mutt ever!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

He sure is a sweet little mutt for sure. Nanaw loves him too.

Sybil said...

That is a great story! Ricky got a pet too last year for his birthday but he works so much that she is more my dog, well except for Ryder. Gracie follows Ryder everywhere he goes usually b/c he has food in his hands and Gracie is waiting for him to either share or drop his food, lol.

Sally said...

Well, it sure sounds like everyone is lovin' the new dog (well, maybe except for James, hahaha); it's a pretty one too. I'm sorry you lost the other one, though, and I know how hard that was.

Take care! Oh, and I'm liking your new background!! It's pretty. :)