Sunday, August 3, 2008

Busy~Fun Week

We have had such a busy but fun week. We discovered through blog chat that a Miss Shelby was here visiting her memaw so I commented to her mom Sybil (blog buddy) that the library here has a free weekly program. Ms. Debbie brought Shelby and we have been going going going ever since. Later Tuesday afternoon after the library program we went to Ms. Debbie's to let the girls play and do some crafts. That was about 4 pm we stayed until 10 pm...way past the girls bedtime but they were having so much fun and Ms. Debbie whipped them up some chicken strips and fries for dinner. Wednesday morning around 11ish they joined us at the local lake and the girls swam and played in the sand until nearly 4pm.

Friday James, myself and the girls came into town after staying at his house to celebrate his moms birthday with some fine grilled goodies. We stopped by my house and discovered during the 2 days I was gone the pool filter stopped up, the pool was turning green and my AC had gone out. Spent $50 at walmart for pool stuff...got the pool clean. My mom arranged for the AC man to come fix the AC. Got back to Brenda's and Alexis was stung twice by red wasps. Once on the hand and once under her arm.

THEN...yes there is more LOL Saturday I invited them to go to the zoo in Memphis. I told Ms. Debbie that she should invite Veronica and her 2 kids Little Jack and Jay since they live in Southhaven...we would be going right through there and she would be able to see her other grandkids. So, she did! And Jack (Debbies son) decided to go too. He is a friend of my husbands from High School. So here we are 4 adults and 5 kids and Sybil, Ricky and Ryder joined us too! We had a great time even though it was sooooooooooooo hot. It was great meeting Sybil in person after chatting with her online.

The zoo has a pool and fountain that you can get in. Poor Veronica fell in the water trying to keep Beans from getting her dress wet. Jack had to jump in the water because 3 year old Jay got in too deep and he can't swim. Jillian got stung by a yellow jacket. We had a very eventful time for sure. This morning when Beans got up I asked to check her arm & she said "all better, Mr. Jack's Dip Spit made it better" LOL Jack got a dip and put on her sting because it is supposed to make it stop stinging...guess it worked.

4 comments:

Sybil said...

That is so stinking cute, what Beans said! We has such a great time too and it was so nice to finally meet you. You'd have thought we'd have meet sooner since you know my husband and parents and I know your husband and mom, haha. Funny how things like that happen!

Brenda said...

Well I'm glad you all had a good time!

Donna said...

Gads!! What a day for bees and stings!! Poor Babies!! Glad ya'll still enjoyed yourselves sweetie!!!hughugs

Sally said...

Sounds like perfection minus a few stings (OUCH). I was wondering what ya'll were up to. Yeah, I'm nosy like that. hahaha