Monday, August 11, 2008

Dr. Seuss and Silly Jilly

I hope to have a pic to share with you guys tomorrow of my painted high chair. I bought an old wooden high chair many months ago for $2...it was hideous...the top part was still wooden, the seat was covered in polyester liberty bell fabric and the bottom was painted baby blue....I so wish I would have taken a before pic. I have been putting off painting it and recovering it until I thought of a good theme for it. Well I finally decided and I am painting it in Dr. Suess Green Eggs and Ham theme. I am Dr. Seuss crazy (I posted some pics of previous Seuss things I've painted) Alexis has requested a Green Eggs and Ham dress for her first day of school! I have made it so fun and whimsical the legs and support bars are done in the classic red/blue/green Suess colors and the tray (when I finish it) has SAM I AM holding his plate and some of the other fella with I DO NOT LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM and then the cross bars also have some of the sayings....like would you eat them with a mouse, would eat them in a house etc......I am so proud of it...I have had lots of fun. I just might not ever paint clothes again LOL







Now for my Silly Jilly sayings of the day!

Jillian Paige (beans) has been a funny funny child today. I have been cleaning some stuff up around these parts. My mom is a super yard sale junkie and brings the girls lots of goodies. which we love, HOWEVER we did not need 6 yes SIX little tyke slides so I eliminated those and I still have bassinets, walkers and all that baby stuff and I have 3 folks that have been asking me about these things so I am selling some of it. Anyway...Beans was sliding on one of them and had no undies on under her dress so her little butt stuck to it. She stood up with a goofy look on her face and said "moma my moma mmmy moma dat slide bit my butt"

She wanted some "baby weenies" (Vienna Sausages) so I popped open the can and was draining the liquid off into the sink..she said "I wanna taste the water" as she stuck her finger under it..no sooner than she popped her finger out of her mouth she said "ummm ummm ummm it taste just like juicy weenie water" I had to contain my laughter on that really hard!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I swear, any time I need a laugh, all I have to do is listen to our girls for a few minutes. They're so funny!

Can't wait to see the high chair.

Sybil said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the high chair too. It really sounds like you had so much fun painting it. You are such a creative person, I know you were enjoying every minute. I can't wait to see the outfit you paint for Alexis too! And Beans if just a doll. I totally lol at the bite my butt! To cute!

Donna said...

She's SO Pretty!!!hughugs

Sally said...

weeny water - how funny!!! That one is a trip!! Love all the clothes you painted!! I can't believe it's time for school again, but then I don't have any little ones anymore.